2018/2019 – LTB Game Rules and Expectations
General Rules for All Grades
- Team listed first on schedule is the home team- Wear white.
- Please have your team at the gym at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Only one coach may be standing at a time. The others must be seated except during time outs and halftime.
Game Length and Time Outs
- All Grades – Two 20-minute halves. Halftime will be 3 minutes. Pre-game warm ups will be 5 minutes.
- The clock will run continuously except for team time outs, official time outs, and injuries.
- The clock will also only stop for last minute of game. (Unless 1 team leads by 15 or more points)
- Overtime will be one 3 minute period.
- All Grades – Teams will be allowed 3 timeouts per game.
- Coaches should break the huddle at the 1st horn and teams should be ready to play by the 2nd.
Defense and Pressing
- Teams can play either a zone or man to man defense
- 6th grade – Pressing is allowed the entire game.
- 4th/5th grade – Teams may only press the last two minutes each half.
- 2nd/3rd grade – no pressing allowed. Defenses can pick up the offense at ½ court.
- Teams may not press if up by 15 points or more. If a team is ahead by 15 or more points in the 2nd half, that team may not call timeout.
- K-3- If a player is called for their 5th foul, they must be subbed out immediately and explained what fouling out means. They can re-enter the game after doing so.
- 4-6- 5 fouls = fouling out.
- 6th grade boys – regulation sized ball.
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade boys and all girls – 28.5″ ball.
- K-2nd grade – 27” ball.
- 3rd/4th/5th/6th grade boys and girls – 10 foot rim.
- K-1st grade 7.5 and 2 grade – 8.5 foot rim *Coaches put up and take down.
- 5th/6th grade – 15 foot and may not cross line.
- 3rd/4th grade – 15 foot and they can cross in the act of shooting.
- K- 2nd grade – 15 foot and can cross line in the act of shooting.
- Team coaches are responsible for the behavior of themselves, the players, and their fans. LTB strives to create a positive game experience for all participants. All players and parents must sign LTB Code of Conduct online before playing.
- Sportsmanship is expected from all coaches, players, and spectators at all times. If an individual is asked to stop their unsportsmanlike conduct and they fail to comply a technical foul will be assessed.
- Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to: intimidation of officials, players, or coaches; arguing; taunting; profane language; pushing; and fighting.
- Coaches who receive a technical foul must sit the reminder of the game. Players and/or coaches who receive a 2nd technical will be removed from the current game and gym. Those receiving a 2nd technical will also have to sit out a minimum of the team’s next game. Players and/or coaches who receive a technical must meet with the LTB President or Head of Coaching before playing or coaching again.
- Administrative technical fouls (not have a player in the scorebook or calling a timeout when out of them) will not cause a player or coach to sit or be removed from the game.
- Players are to wear LTB issued uniforms for all games.
- No jewelry can be worn at any time.
- ALL UNIFORMS MUST BE TURNED BACK IN AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE LAST GAME (Players may keep only their shooting shirts).
All Other IHSA rules in effect